Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was the “fashionable dog” among the English nobility of the 16th century. It was a small, noble, cheerful and sociable water dog, which made it the most appreciated companion animal for the ladies of high society.
At that time it was believed that this breed of dog kept away insects, such as fleas, and used to keep ladies warm on their carriage journeys by lying on their laps.
How does the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel look like physically?
With a gentle expression and small size, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is characterised by long, hairy ears. Its main physical features are:
- His muzzle is short but well defined.
- The coat is long and soft, very silky.
- It can be of various colours: cinnamon, ruby, reddish and white and tricolour.
- Its size (as an adult) is around 30-33 centimetres.
- It can weigh up to 10 kilos, due to the high density of its bones.
What is the character of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel like?
- His temperament is cheerful, active and curious. He is a very sociable dog and does not like to be alone.
- He is a sweet, gentle and playful dog, so he is ideal as a pet. Familiar and friendly, he is perfect for families with children.
- He is very sociable, but this sociability must be encouraged from puppyhood so that he does not behave shyly or aggressively with dogs of other breeds.
- It is a very intelligent dog that learns very easily, so it is easy to train. Positive reinforcement is the key to successful training.
What is the best diet for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?
Small breed dogs, up to 10 kg adult weight, such as the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, need a food of high nutritional value, with vitamins and minerals to help them maintain healthy teeth, heart, joints, coat, and overall fitness and vitality.
Picart Select Mini is a natural, gluten-free and GMO-free formula, suitable for these small dogs with a fussy appetite. With high protein and great digestibility, it is the right food to satisfy all their needs and spoil their active metabolism.
Picart Select Mini Adult salmon and rice is a complete food ideal for adult Cavalier King Charles Spaniels from 11 months of age. Very appetising and suitable for caring for their skin and coat, helping their defences and promoting intestinal health. With chondroprotectors, such as Glucosamine and Chondroitin, to support joint health, and L-Carnitine to burn fat and generate energy.
And as you already know, if you have any doubts about your dog’s diet and care, consult your vet.
This Post Has 0 Comments